Our Law Firm
The qualifications and experience of our team enable us to recognize the consulting needs of our clients and to deliver precise and practical solutions. Our key activities are:
- Employment Law
- Inheritance Law / Asset Succession
- Corporate Law
- Tax Law / Criminal Tax Taw
- Commercial Contract Law
We work in depth in the respective legal field and as a team with a trained eye “beyond the legal horizon”. The close cooperation with our partner law firm LM Audit & Tax optimally rounds off the competence and consulting portfolio.
Corporate law and commercial contract law
- Company formation (including advice on legal form, drafting articles of association, mezzanine forms of participation)
- Conversions, restructuring, capital measures, liquidation
- Ongoing tasks of an “outsourced legal department”
- Company acquisition/sale (due diligence), company succession
- Start-ups: shareholder agreements, convertible loans, financing rounds, employee participation
- Corporate agreements, e.g. profit and loss transfer agreements
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for day-to-day business operations, e.g. purchase, leasing, work and service agreements, loan agreements, commercial rental agreements. Review and drafting of general terms and conditions.
Inheritance law / succession and inheritance tax law
In the area of inheritance law, the support is adressed to clients who are facing the issue of generational change and wish to make targeted arrangements for their succession, whether by way of anticipated succession or by drafting wills with foresight. The aim is to structure the estate clearly and avoid disputes. The advice is also dedicated to the tax aspects.
- Wills / inheritance contracts: Advice on structuring and drafting, notarial contact if required
- Lifetime asset transfers: Contract review, statutory notifications to the authority in charge
- Special issues: e.g. minimum share in the estate („Pflichtteil“), patchwork families, wills in regards of disabled, non-marital partnerships, cross-border cases
- Obtaining certificates of inheritance or EU certificates of inheritance
- Advice for communities of heirs, e.g. joint estate administration or settlement
- Inheritance tax: valuation, declaration.
International tax law
The legal field of international tax law is becoming increasingly complex. The background to this is the conflicting desires of nation states for the global tax volume. The OECD and the EU, in particular, are attempting to create measures for equitable solutions that are reflected in national tax law and in the interpretation of double taxation agreements. The legislator also constantly endeavours to close legal “loopholes”. You will receive specialized advice on questions of cross-border inbound and outbound structuring involving companies or individuals, if necessary in cooperation with foreign colleagues and LM Audit & Tax.
- Double taxation issues under national law and DTAs
- Assessment of permanent establishments and differentiation from subsidiaries
- Withholding tax exemption procedures.
Permanent Advice on Labour Law
When advising companies on labour law, we consider ourselves not only as legal advisors, but as “sparring partners” in both strategic and day-to-day issues.
We develop the right strategy for every case and, if necessary, enforce our clients’ interests in court.
We support our clients in the recruitment of experts from abroad. Thanks to our proven expertise in this area of law, as well as our many years of trusting cooperation with both the local immigration authorities and numerous foreign missions (embassies and consulates), we are able to facilitate a quicker and smoother start of operations.
We draft and review employment contracts, remuneration systems and other employment contract provisions.
Assignment of external personnel
We advise on all aspects of employee leasing. In addition to drafting contractual provisions, we represent our clients’ interests before authorities and courts.
Money Laundering Prevention
- Advice, preparation and revision of risk analyses
- Advice on and implementation of internal security measures
- Creation of work instructions and review of processes
- Advice, review and adoption of KYC process
- Training of employees and money laundering officers and their deputies
- Examination of suspected cases
- Contact person for supervisory and law enforcement authorities (in particular BaFin and FIU)
- Cooperation with external money laundering officers
- Obligated parties: in addition to capital management companies, we also advise all other obligated parties such as tax advisors/auditors/lawyers and goods traders
Advisory activities in the implementation of processes and taking over the internal audit as an auditor.
Support in establishing an effective tax compliance management system (Tax CMS). This enables business processes to be designed efficiently and transparently and tax risks to be minimized. The focus is always on the release of managing directors and employees from liability.
Criminal Tax Law
Advice on voluntary disclosures and tax correction declarations and individual defense in criminal and fine proceedings for private individuals and companies.
Inheritance and Gift Tax Law
Advice in the run-up to gifts in order to make the best possible use of tax allowances and optimize the tax burden. We handle the settlement of inheritances with the necessary sensitivity and support heirs in the notification of inheritances, the preparation of inheritance tax returns and the settlement of disputes between heirs.
Permanent advice on labor law
When advising companies, we see ourselves not only as legal advisors, but also as “sparring partners” for our contacts in both strategic and day-to-day issues.
We develop the right strategy for each case and, if necessary, enforce our clients’ interests in court.
Employment law compliance advice
We advise companies on the handling of compliance matters relating to employment law. If necessary, we can draw on a broad network of highly specialized law firms in a wide range of legal fields in consultation with our clients and involve them.
Collective labor law
Collective bargaining and works constitution law are particular focuses of our work.